Skokomish Tribal Center
80 North Tribal Center Rd, Skokomish, WA 98584
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 am. to 5 pm.
Phone: (360) 426-4232 Fax: (360) 877-5943
Duties of the Cultural Resources Department:
- Maintain and process archival materials, maintain accurate accession records and conservation schedules.
- Continue to develop the Tribe’s collection procedures, assuring safe storage and easy access to the Tribe’s valuable materials.
- Maintain and continue accession/inventory of all tapes (audio and video) and photos in the Tribe’s possession, and develop procedures for the management of these materials.
- Work with Tribal departments and consortiums to protect tribal cultural resources through the Skokomish Environmental Protection Act (SKEPA) permit process.
- Facilitate meetings of the Skokomish Culture Committee.
- Represent the Skokomish Indian Tribe as their authorized representative in all matters relating to repatriation.
- Maintain an inventory of museums that have Skokomish cultural materials in their collections.
- Conduct on-site visits to museums that have Skokomish cultural materials in their collections.
- Curate the Skokomish Tribal Museum collection.
- Responsible for the incoming and outgoing loans of tribal archive materials and items.
- Coordinate the sale and stocking of items for sale to the public and to the tribal community.
|Tribal Historic Preservation Officer||Kris Miller||360-426-4232 x. email@example.com|